If you live in the state of North Carolina and collect unemployment benefits you are familiar with the North Carolina DES Debit Card program. Simply head on over to www.bankofamerica.com/ncdesdebitcard to file a claim or log in to your NC DES account.
The North Carolina DES Debit Card is issued to everyone who receives unemployment benefits in the state. The state puts all funds on the card and then the users can use it as they please.
Bank of America NC DES Debit Card Benefits
These days, most international banks and card issuers provide quite a few benefits to their clients to sweeten the deal. The North Carolina DES Debit Card is no exception to this rule and has some useful benefits on board. Here’s a quick look at what you can expect from it:
- Absolutely no cashing fees involved
- Clients can use the NC DES Debit Card anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- With lots of terminals and ATMs all over the country, clients get free access to hard cash
- Cardholders have the ability to pay for bills online or in person
- With the NC DES Debit Card, clients can make a cash withdrawal at any nearby Visa bank
- Easy access to account information and customer support 24/7
NC DES Debit Card Login Page
The NC DES Debit Card Login Page is used to log into your account online. The procedure is straightforward with minimal or no difference compared to the logging procedure on other websites. Here’s what you need to do to access your private account with the bank:
- First, head out to the official website
- There, you must submit your Username in the corresponding field and click on the blue “Continue” button
- Also, check the Remember Username checkbox if you want the system to remember you
- Why do this? So you don’t have to enter it again the next time you log into your account
- On the next page, submit the password that you used when creating that account
- Keep in mind that the Username + Password combination you use may differ depending on whether you access your account via PC or a smartphone.
BankofAmerica.com/NCDESDebitCard Customer Service
- Mail: Bank of America North Carolina DES Debit Card Cardholder Services P.O. Box 8488 Gray, Tennessee 37615-8488
- Email: Email Bank of America at email@example.com
- Phone: (855) 847-2026 (866)
- 656-5913 TTY line for the hearing impaired
- (423) 262-1650 Outside the United States, call collect
For questions regarding your Unemployment Insurance claim or benefit payments, please visit the Division of Employment Security (DES) website at www.ncesc.com or contact the DES Customer Call Center at (888) 737-0259.
How to file a claim?
Simply head on over to www.des.nc.gov/apply-unemployment and follow the on-screen instructions.
You must create an online account to file an application for unemployment insurance online. Your account also provides access to the Claimant Self-Service Portal, where you can get information about your claim at any time.
What can you do if you are denied?
You can appeal the claim.
In order to appeal please visit www.des.nc.gov/appeals/file-appeal.
If you are awarded benefits you will receive the funds via the North Carolina DES Debit Card. The card can be used anywhere that Visa is accepted and once the funds are depleted you will not be able to make purchases until next month’s payment is sent.
Users who fail to receive their payment should dial 1-888-737-0259 and raise hell (unless they are in the wrong).