The BioLife Debit Card is a prepaid debit MasterCard that plasma donors at the BioLife Plasma Service Center use to get compensation for their donation. Every time they donate plasma, the donors get rewarded with a money transfer on this card. They can use that money anywhere a MasterCard is accepted - no need to look for a special BioLife Debit Card ATM. The same goes for the money transfer from a BioLife Debit Card to a bank account.
There is no special BioLife Debit Card transfer routine: the process is the same as with the usual MasterCard debit card. The BioLife prepaid debit card allows plasma donors to check their balance, update their profile, locate a nearby ATM, make a money transfer, and more, 24/7. And in this article, we’ll learn how to register a BioLife Debit Card, activate the card, and also check out the benefits, and much more.
How to Register for a BioLife Debit Card
To register a BioLife Debit card, you need to activate it first. We’ll talk about that in a moment. But for now, let’s take a quick look at how you can register the card once it’s activated. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to login.wirecard.com/biolife
- On the right-hand side, you’ll see an ‘ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT’ button. Go ahead and click on “Register Your Card for online access”, it’s underneath ‘Register Your Card’
- In the first field, enter the 16-digit number that’s found on the front side of the BioLife Prepaid MasterCard
- Once it’s accepted, enter the 3-digit number available on the back of your card in the respected field. Click the “Next” button to continue
- Now it’s time to come up with a username and password for your BioLife Card Online Account
- Also, you must verify your email. In case you’ve submitted an incorrect address, you can still change it before submitting the registration. But it’s better to be careful and provide the correct mailing address from the get-go.
How to Activate the BioLife Prepaid Debit Card
When you get your BioLife Debit Card for the first time, you need to call the BioLife Card Customer Support Number and follow the instructions to activate your card. For that, provide the unique BioLife Plasma Debit Card number and your birth date. After that, you will need to set a PIN code. Congratulations, your card is activated!
How to Login
After you’ve created (registered) a BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Online Account, it’s time to log into that account as a cardholder. For the BioLife Debit Card login procedure to be successful, follow these steps:
- Go to the BioLife Plasma Service Prepaid MasterCard Cardholder Portal and enter the username and password you set up during registration. Share your credentials in the corresponding boxes under ‘ACCESS AND MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT’. You’ll find it on the right-hand side of the website - hard to miss it
- Next, for security purposes, you’ll be asked to enter the text below the input boxes. It’s a common practice for websites like this. Click the ‘Log In’ button
Keep in mind that if it’s the first time you’re accessing your BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Debit Card Online Account or using a new device, you may be asked to provide additional verification. It’s an extra security measure for protecting your account from any unauthorized access.
After you log in to your personal BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Online Account, you now have full access to your account as well as to your BioLife Card. All the features and additional options are at your disposal: money transfers, information on the remaining balance, activity, transaction history, and more.
BioLife Debit Card Benefits
As mentioned earlier, every time a donor makes a donation, he/she receives compensation for that. The money is sent to the donor’s BioLife card, providing safe and secure access to the funds. Another big pro: there is no credit line associated with a BioLife Debit Card. That means no approvals or credit checks are needed to be done to receive and use the card. Here is a list of some of the benefits that you as a BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Debit holder can enjoy:
- A BioLife Debit card can be used everywhere a MasterCard is accepted. You can use the card to shop online or offline, pay at pumps and use it the same way you would an ordinary debit card
- More than 90 000 ATMs all across the US are at your disposal if you wish to withdraw some cash
- You can make requests such as cash access inside each and every MasterCard member bank
- Make transfers directly from your BioLife Debit Card to your bank account
- Easy and fast access to your card online, or by phone
- A user-friendly personal account you can access through a website or a phone app to manage your card the way you want
BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Fees and Rates
As with almost any debit card, there are some fees and rates to pay – the BioLife Debit Card is no exception to the rule. As for the BioLife Debit Card Fees, here they are:
- The first time you withdraw cash following a plasma donation, you are not to pay any fees. After that, you are charged 2.25 dollars each time you withdraw cash from an ATM
- You are charged a dollar every time you request an ATM Balance Inquiry
- You are not charged even a penny for a Point of Sale Purchase
- You need to pay 4.45 dollars for a replacement card
- Finally, you will be charged 2.95 dollars for an Over the counter Bank Cash Withdrawal
Recovering Forgotten Username and Password
Lucky for BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Debit Cardholders, they can recover/reset their credentials anytime they forget them, whether it’s the username or the password (or both). If you want to retrieve the username, you need to click the “Forgot Username” link. It’s located at the end of the username field on the login page. Next, you have to provide the following information:
- 16-digit Card number
- Security code
- 5-digit Postal code
In case you don’t know your BioLife 16-digit card number, you need to check with Customer Service over the phone. If it’s the password you wish to reset, you should click the “Forgot Password” link. You’ll find the link at the end of the corresponding login field. Now you must submit:
- Postal code
After you pass the check, you’ll receive an email with the instructions to follow to reset your password and get back full access to your account. If your username is not your email address, check with the BioLife Plasma Service Center and ask them to set your password. They are usually quick to respond and very helpful, especially to new customers/users.
Here are some phone numbers in case you need any help regarding BioLife Prepaid MasterCard:
To check with the BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Debit Card Customer Support, call 1-888-472-0099
To obtain a Username number for a BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Online Account, use this number: 1-800-439-9568Reference link www.login.wirecard.com/biolife
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my BioLife Card to add extra money to it?
No, the card only receives money as compensation for your plasma donation. You can’t send money from any other credit or debit cards or bank accounts to it.
Can I transfer money from my BioLife Card to my bank account?
Yes, you can transfer money from the BioLife Card to your bank account. The procedure is the same as with most debit cards you use in your everyday life. You will need to access your BioLife Prepaid MasterCard Online Account to do that, of course. Usually, it takes 2-3 business days to complete the transfer. Also, do keep in mind that you’ll be charged 1.95 dollars if the transfer amount is less than 300 dollars.
Is the BioLife Card a Credit Card or a Debit Card?
The BioLife Card you receive for making a plasma donation is a debit card, and there is no credit line associated with it. And what about the limits on cash withdrawal and purchases? There are none!